It is not that easy to find subdomains of websites by only searching different keywords on Google related to that website.
Now, its time to configure to work on Kali Linux.
1. Navigate to the directory where you have downloaded it and expand it.
2. Satisfy the requirements by launching the “requirement.txt” script. Use the command given below.
pip install -r requirement.txt
3. Go to the “subdomain3” folder, create a new folder and name it “result“. If you don’t create a result folder, you will get the following error.
[Errno2] No such file or directory: result/example.com
4. Now launch the Subdomain3 tool using the commands given below.
python3 brutedns.py -d example.com -s high -l 5
Here we’ve set the configuration all high but you can customize them according to you. See the usage table to know the options you can use.
Short form Long form Description
-d domain example.com
-s speed high, medium, low
-l level 2:w.example.com
-f file list of target domains
-c CNAME collect cname, Y or N
-ns default DNS Y or N
-f1 subfile sub dict
-f2 next sub dict
-f3 other file subdomain logs from search engines
#Tool 2: Turbolist3r
- To perform advanced analysis on a list of subdomains.
python turbolist3r.py -d example.com –inputfile subdomains.txt
- To enumerate subdomains with Bruteforce module enabled.
python turbolist3r.py -b -d example.com
- Set specific search engines to enumerate subdomains.
python turbolist3r.py -e google, yahoo, Yandex -d example.com